A classic pesto that can be used to compliment a variety of dishes. Try it with pasta, roasted potatoes, panini sandwiches, or with cheese and a fresh baguette!
Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Sauces, Vegetarian
- 5 cups fresh Basil leaves
- 6 Garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup Pignoli nuts
- 1 cup Robust SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- ½ tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground Pepper
Products used: Sicilian Sea Salt ,
- Place basil, garlic, and pignoli nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times. Gradually add Extra Virgin Olive Oil while food processor is running.
- Add cheese, Sicilian Sea Salt, and pepper. Pulse until almost smooth. (A thin layer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil should float over the top of the paste.) If necessary, slowly add additional Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pulse to form this layer.
- Use pesto immediately or store in the freezer for future use.