Lamb Stew with Herbes de ProvencePrint
This lamb stew is wonderful a top of fresh egg tagliatelle tossed with a fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Holiday, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
- 2½ lb boneless Lamb Shoulder cut into 1½ inch cubes
- SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp SOOC Herbes de Provence Olive Oil + extra to finish
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small Yellow Onions, chopped
- 2 Celery ribs, chopped
- 1 whole head of Garlic, cut in half at cross section
- 18 oz good canned Tomatoes
- 1 cup SOOC Raspberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Orange, peels removed and reserved
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- ½ cup Chicken Stock, or more as needed
- Heat Herbes de Provence Olive Oil in in a large, heavy bottomed pot, salt and pepper the lamb then sear in batches until all sides are well browned. Remove and add vegetables. Stir well into the same pot, caramelize lightly. Add the lamb back to the pot and then add Raspberry Balsamic and reduce.
- Add in the tomatoes, orange peel, cinnamon, and chicken stock. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce immediately to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer until lamb is tender, about 1 hour. Remove cinnamon stick and orange peels. Serve with fresh egg tagliatelle, Parmigiano Reggiano, and finish with a drizzle of Herbes de Provence.