Cream of Roasted Pepper & Tomato SoupPrint
Cream of roasted red peppers and tomatoes with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soup
All Year, Fall, Winter
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, seeded, roasted, peeled, and chopped (or 1 jar roasted Red Peppers, drained and chopped)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cans Tomato Purée (28 oz each)
- 1 bunch fresh Basil, washed, dried, and torn (reserve small sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup grated Romano Cheese
- SOOC French Garden Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground Pepper, to taste
- In a heavy stockpot, heat 1 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté (3 minutes). Add garlic and sauté (1 minute).
- Add white wine and reduce by half. Add roasted peppers, chicken stock, tomato purée, basil, and oregano. Simmer on medium for 20 minutes then remove from heat.
- Purée until smooth and creamy using an immersion blender. Add heavy cream and cheese; Stir. Add French Garden Sea Salt and pepper to taste. Serve in individual bowls with a drizzle of Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil and a sprig of basil.