Pasta alla PuttanescaPrint
Dairy Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free
- ¼ cup SOOC Cobrancosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Anchovy Paste
- ½ tsp crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 35oz can whole, peeled Tomatoes
- ¼ cup SOOC Smoked Olive Bar Syrup
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives, halved
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb Spaghetti Pasta
- 12 Basil leaves
Products used: , Smoked Olive Bar Syrup
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the Cobrancosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic, anchovy paste, and crushed red pepper. Cook until garlic turns a light golden color, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, letting cook for about 1 minute before adding in the whole peeled tomatoes. Gently smoosh the tomatoes with a wooden spatula.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp of the SOOC Smoked Olive Bar Syrup, kalamata olives, capers, sea salt, and black pepper. Turn heat to low.
- Bring sauce to a slow simmer and let cook for about 20 minutes. Stir in basil leaves and remaining SOOC Smoked Olive Bar Syrup.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- When spaghetti is cooked, carefully use a pasta server or tongs to transfer the spaghetti right from its boiling water to the sauce along with ¼ cup of pasta water, tossing to coat.
- Serve with a drizzle more Cobrancosa Olive Oil, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and fresh basil!