Rhubarb Hot Pepper JellyPrint
Appetizer, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sauces, Vegan, Vegetarian
All Year, Summer
makes ~3 cups
- 2 cups Rhubarb, diced
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1 pouch liquid Pectin
- ¼ cup SOOC Habanero Agave Agrodolce
- ¼ cup Red Onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups Sugar
Products used: Habanero Agave Agrodolce
- In a pot over medium-heat, bring the rhubarb and water to a boil. Cook until rhubarb is completely soft.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain out the rhubarb while making sure to save the water. Discard the rhubarb.
- Return the water to the pot, along with the Habanero Agave Agrodolce, red onion, bell pepper, and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the liquid pectin to the mixture and return to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Carefully with a ladle, transfer the mixture to mason jars. Let come to room temperature before setting in the refrigerator for 24 hours to let thicken.