Berry Shortcake with Basil Whipped CreamPrint
This light and easy dessert is ready in 45 minutes or less!
Dessert, Nut Free, Vegetarian
- ¾ cup small Blackberries
- 1 cup quartered Strawberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 2 ½ tsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Lemon, zested
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Confectionary Sugar
- 2 tsp SOOC Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 4 Crumpets (can also use sliced shortcake or pound cake, if preferred)
- SOOC Fleur de Sel Sea Salt, for finishing
- In a medium bowl, macerate the berries with the sugar, Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, and lemon zest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream- By hand: Place 2” of ice in the bottom of a large bowl. Fill until just covered with cold water. Place a medium bowl on the ice with heavy cream and confectioner’s sugar. Begin whipping with a balloon whisk and add in the Basil Olive Oil slowly. Whip until soft peaks are formed and the cream is smooth. With a stand mixer: Whisk the heavy cream and sugar together; slowly drizzle in the Basil Olive Oil. Whisk until soft peaks are formed and the cream is smooth. Watch the cream as this happens quickly!
- Place the berries over the cake with the sauce that it forms. Dollop cream on top and garnish with a touch of Fleur de Sel Sea Salt for heightened flavors and texture!