Classic Marinara SaucePrint
This classic marinara sauce is the perfect topping for any pasta out there. Bursting with flavor and heavenly aromatics that will keep everyone in the kitchen while you cook. Recipe by Taylor MacDougall
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free, Sauces
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
- ¼ cup SOOC Rosemary Olive Oil
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small/medium sweet onion, diced small
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 6oz can of tomato paste
- 28oz can of crushed tomato
- 28oz can of diced tomato
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp SOOC Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp fresh or jarred basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat before adding the SOOC Rosemary Olive Oil to the saucepan. Follow by adding in the dried herbs with the olive oil, allowing the herbs to ‘toast’ in the oil until fragrant, being careful not to let burn.
- Add the diced onion to the saucepan, cooking 2-3 minutes or until the onion has become translucent. Season with SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt and ground black pepper. Add in minced garlic, stirring until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add in the tomato paste, and stir until combined. Cook about 2-3 minutes, until the tomato paste has turned a deeper red. Then add in both the crushed and diced tomatoes, and the chicken broth. Stir to combine and bring to a slow simmer.
- Once your sauce is simmering, stir in the basil pesto and SOOC Neapolitan Herb Balsamic. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the brown sugar and baking soda. Simmer sauce uncovered for 10 more minutes before serving. Enjoy!