EVOO Peasant LoafPrint
EVOO Peasant Loaf
Appetizer, Nut Free, Vegetarian
- 4¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Potato Flour
- 1 Tbsp Light Amber Honey or Granulated Sugar
- 1½ cups Warm Water
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 2¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp SOOC French Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 6 Tbsp SOOC Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Products used: French Fleur De Sel Sea Salt , ,
- If using a bread machine, add all of the liquid, honey/sugar, French Fleur de Sel Sea Salt, and 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan. Then add both flours, followed by the yeast last. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for your bread machine if you intend to bake it in the machine.
- If using a stand mixer or mixing kneading by hand, mix and then knead the dough for about 6 minutes. The dough should be very soft, but not sticky. Add more flour, in small amounts as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Allow to rise in a warm spot for about an hour. Lightly punch the dough down, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment and gently reshape into a rustic loaf. Cover the dough with plastic wrap lightly greased with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Allow the dough to rise for 45 additional minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375℉; adjust the rack to the center of the oven. Drizzle the loaf with 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown, or a digital thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 199℉.
- Remove the loaf and immediately drizzle with remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Best served warm!