Grilled Radicchio and Romaine with Shaved PecorinoPrint
Marinated lettuce leaves placed on the grill make a delicious salad alternative.
Gluten Free, Grilled, Nut Free, Salad Dressings, Salads, Vegetarian
All Year, Spring, Summer
- 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp dried crushed Red Pepper
- ⅓ cup SOOC Mild Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 large heads of Romaine and/or Radicchio Lettuce
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese Shavings
- Fresh ground Pepper, to taste
- SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
- Quarter cut lettuce heads lengthwise so that core is attached to each quarter.
- Whisk Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Oregano Balsamic, garlic, and crushed red pepper in large bowl. Add lettuce quarters and toss to coat. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill (medium heat). Drain marinade into small bowl. Place radicchio and romaine on grill; sprinkle with Sicilian Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper. Grill until edges are crisp and slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with reserved marinade and sprinkle with cheese shavings.