Lavender & Garlic ChickenPrint
Chef's Notes: "I'm sorry, but I may be biased towards this recipe because I absolutely LOVE anything and everything Lavender. But what really intrigued me about this dish was grilling the chicken ON TOP of sliced red onion. It was different, it was creative, it was delicious. Garlic and Lavender are a power pairing, and so underrated. Nicole did a fantastic job curating this recipe and I had a fantastic time making and eating it!"
Submitted by Nicole Vallan of West Springfield, MA
Dairy Free, Grilled, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
4-24 hours marinating
- 2 Chicken Breast
- SOOC Lavender Balsamic Vinegar
- SOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ tsp dried Sage
- ½ tsp dried Thyme
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large Red Onion, sliced thick
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Optional: Fresh Sage
- Optional: Whole Grain or Wild Rice
- Optional: Steamed Asparagus
- Rinse the chicken breasts with water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in zip-lock bag. Pour ¼ cup Lavender Balsamic and 2 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil over chicken. Add minced garlic, sage and thyme. Mix thoroughly and let marinate for 4 to 24 hours. Refrigerate, rotating chicken occasionally to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Allow chicken to come up to room temperature before cooking. When ready, heat a cast iron skillet or regular grill to medium-high heat. Cut thick slices of red onion, and brush with Garlic Olive Oil. Sear both sides of onion to achieve grill marks. Then, place the chicken on top of the grilled red onion slices.
- Close the grill or cover the cast iron skillet and let it cook! Turn the chicken over the onions to evenly heat/cook through, to an ideal temperature of 165°F. When nearly finished cooking, open the lid/grill and brush additional Lavender Balsamic over the chicken.
- Remove and serve the chicken and onions over a whole grain or wild rice, and asparagus. Top with fresh Sage. Drizzle additional Lavender Balsamic over chicken before serving, if desired. Enjoy!