Mango Coconut Olive Oil Upside down CakePrint
This is not your everyday upside down cake. The addition of mango and coconut is a wonderful flavor combination and gives it a tropical feel. It may be simple to put together, but the beautiful mango spiral makes a big visual impact. Saratoga Butter Olive oil makes the cake very moist and brown sugar topping contains Saratoga Mango Coconut Agrodolce.
Dessert, Nut Free, Vegetarian
All Year, Summer
- 3 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- 75 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp SOOC Mango Coconut Agrodolce
- 1-2 ripe Mangos
- 2 Eggs
- 125 grams granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbsp SOOC Butter Olive Oil
- 120 grams all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using butter, grease the bottom and sides of a 9” x 2” round cake pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. When the butter is completely melted add the brown sugar and Mango Coconut Agrodolce. Stir until smooth. Pour the mixture in the prepared cake pan and spread so that is covers the bottom of the pan.
- Slice the mango on either side of the seed. Peel and slice each side into very thin slices, approximately 1/8” thick. Arrange the mango slices in an overlapping spiral pattern in the bottom of the pan on top of the brown sugar/butter mixture. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you are preparing the cake batter.
- Place the eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. With the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar at medium speed until thick and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Butter Olive Oil and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut.
- On low speed, add half of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix just until combined.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Slowly pour the batter over the mango. Smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of your oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Place the pan on a rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a serving plate on top of the pan and invert the cake onto the plate. Let the cake sit for an additional 5 minutes before removing the pan.
- Let the cake cool completely.