Milanese Lemon ChickenPrint
This is an easy, fast chicken recipe with a Mediterranean twist. Our Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil adds a beautiful balance of garlic, lemon, parsley, and a hint of mint to the chicken.
Dairy Free, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
- ½ cup SOOC Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil (plus additional for frying)
- ¼ cup SOOC Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt
- Fresh cracked Pepper
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Italian seasoned dry Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Optional: Fresh arugula or Angel hair pasta
- Optional: Lemon wedges and fresh Parsley
- Pound 4 boneless chicken breasts until thin.
- Whisk together Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil, Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic Medley Sea Salt, and cracked pepper.
- Place chicken in marinade, cover and place in refrigerator for 6 hours - overnight. The longer the marinate time, the more flavorful the chicken.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, panko, parmigiano cheese, and additional fresh cracked pepper if desired.
- Dip each cutlet in the egg mixture and let the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a medium skillet with a ¼ inch of Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil. Fry 1-2 chicken breasts at a time. Place chicken on the first side for about 2 minutes, flip, and fry for another 2 minutes. Repeat until chicken is browned and cooked through. If you've pounded the chicken thin enough, cooking time is greatly reduced.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on a paper towel-lined plate in order to absorb excess oil.
- Serve chicken on a bed of fresh arugula or angel hair pasta. Add a squeeze of lemon and a few sprigs of fresh parsley and enjoy!