Olive Oil, Lavender & Pistachio BiscottiPrint
These crunchy, flavorful biscotti are perfect when paired with your everyday morning cup of coffee or tea, yet fancy enough to serve when company comes.
Dairy Free, Dessert, Vegetarian
- 3 cup all purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Pistachios, chopped
- 2 Tbsp dried Lavender, chopped
- ⅓ cup mild SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb fresh Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup SOOC Lavender Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp SOOC Lime Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Beat eggs and olive oil in separate bowl.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just holding together. Place on a board and knead 2 or 3 times until the dough comes together. Dough will be sticky. Roll into a log shape and place on a cookie tray. Pat the dough log out to ½ inch thickness (use wet hands). Bake at 350° for 30 min.
- Place dough on a rack to cool slightly. Place on a cutting board and slice diagonally, ½ inch thick slices. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 min. Cookies will harden as they cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for at least 45 min. Place about ⅓ cup of strawberries in each serving bowl and serve with 1-2 biscotti and drizzle with the remaining juices.