Primavera with Broccolini & Spring PeasPrint
To celebrate the beginning of warmer weather and longer days, we’ve whipped up this delicious and bright pasta dish. Italian for “Springtime,” our Primavera is light, creamy, and loaded with tender greens. Our taste-testers couldn't help but go back for more! Recipe by Taylor MacDougall
Main Dishes, Nut Free, Side Dishes, Vegetarian
- ½ cup frozen Spring Peas
- 1 cup Snap Peas, cut into ½” slices
- ½ cup Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” slices
- 1 cup Broccolini, roughly chopped
- ½ cup frozen Lima Beans
- 1 lb Pasta
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Greek Athinolia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup Basil, torn
- ¼ cup Tarragon, torn
- ¼ cup Mint, torn
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spring peas, snap peas, asparagus, broccolini, and lima beans. Blanch for 1 minute before carefully scooping out the vegetables and transferring to an ice bath for 5 minutes. Remove from the ice bath and set aside on a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
- In the same pot, cook your pasta according to package instructions, saving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the Greek Athinolia Olive Oil, garlic, and all of the vegetables. Saute until garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with the Sicilian Sea Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the reserved pasta water, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Bring to a slow simmer. Add in the pasta and the parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to low. Stir and fold the ingredients together until the cream sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add in the basil, tarragon, and mint before serving. Season to taste with more Sicilian Sea Salt and pepper. Enjoy!