Shaved Asparagus SaladPrint
Any easy spring salad!
Gluten Free, Salads, Vegetarian
- 2 lbs Asparagus, bottoms removed and shaved thinly
- 4 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved or grated
- 2 Tbsp toasted Pine Nuts and/or Almonds
- ¼ cup SOOC Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 Meyer Lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup SOOC Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp whole black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp whole Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp yellow Mustard Seeds
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs (optional)
- Place shallots in a medium heat safe bowl. Bring remaining ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly, and pour over shallots. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes until cooled.
- Dressing : Whisk together ½ lemon juice, zest, honey, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Continue to whisk and slowly add the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad : Toss shaved asparagus and pickled shallots with dressing
- Top with sliced hard boiled eggs (optional), toasted pine nuts, shaved parmigiano, and remaining zest.