Short Rib Ragu & PolentaPrint
This recipe looks gourmet and expensive, but we’re here to show you how effortless it is! Let your oven do the work, and you take the credit for these tender short ribs, slow cooked in red wine and our savory Neapolitan Herb Balsamic. Recipe By Taylor MacDougall
Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
2 hours 30 minutes
- For Ragu:
- 4 Bone-in Short Ribs
- 1 tsp SOOC French Garden Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ cup SOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Celery stalks, diced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground Red Cayenne
- ⅛ tsp ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- ½ cup Red Wine, like Cabernet Sauvignon
- ½ cup SOOC Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- For Polenta:
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup Polenta
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ¼ tsp SOOC French Garden Sea Salt
- For the Ragu:
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel. Season with ½ tsp French Garden Sea Salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- In a large dutch oven, heat the Garlic Olive Oil over medium-high heat and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from the dutch oven and set aside.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to the same dutch oven. Season with the remaining French Garden Sea Salt and black pepper. Saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the red cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, and tomato paste.
- Pour in the broth, red wine, and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic. Add the short ribs back in and bring to a simmer.
- Tie the thyme and rosemary sprigs into a bundle and drop into the pot. Transfer the pot into the oven and cook for 2 hours. Remove herbs when done.
- For Polenta:
- Bring the beef broth to a boil and slowly pour while whisking in the polenta. Reduce the heat to low. Let cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 5, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan, butter, and French Garden Sea Salt.
- Serve the short rib ragu over the polenta and enjoy!