Souvlaki-Style Chicken Sandwiches with Tzatziki SaucePrint
Light yet packed with flavor, this recipe combines zesty lemon, peppery chicken, and cooling yogurt for the perfect spring meal. Opa!
Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
- 1½ lbs Boneless Chicken Breast, cubed
- ⅓ cup SOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp SOOC Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- Feta Cheese
- 2 medium Tomatoes, cut into thick cubes & lightly salted
- Pitas or rolls & dill for garnish
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cucumber, halved & grated (peeled & seeds removed)
- 2 tsp SOOC Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp SOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a ziplock bag, combine all ingredients starting with chicken and ending with parsley. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in fridge.
- To prepare tzatziki: drain grated cucumber of excess liquid, add a pinch of salt. In med bowl, combine all ingredients with whisk. Place in fridge.
- Cook chicken in an oiled cast iron pan (or grill) over med-high heat, about 3-5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid, then drizzle with more Garlic Olive Oil and Sicilian Lemon Balsamic.
- If using rolls, toast or broil lightly. Add chicken, tomatoes and feta. Finish with a generous amount of tzatziki sauce. Garnish with dill.