Tuscan Chicken & Gnocchi SoupPrint
In need of some comfort food? This deliciously cheesy and rich dish is perfect for just that! This better-than-restaurant cozy gnocchi soup is relatively easy to make, and the whole family will love it! Recipe By Taylor MacDougall
Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free, Soup
- 4 Tbsp SOOC Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 small Sweet Onion, diced
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp SOOC Tuscan Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 small Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 lb Gnocchi
- 2 cups Kale, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a large dutch oven, heat the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until slightly tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the Tuscan Seasoning, parsley, Garlic Medley Sea Salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Stir together and continue to cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in your chicken broth and add the chicken thighs. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165℉. Remove the chicken from the pot, and shred.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and cornstarch and add to the soup with the cream cheese and gnocchi. Return to a simmer and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring to break up the cream cheese.
- Stir in the kale and the parmesan. Season with additional Garlic Medley Sea Salt and black pepper to taste. Serve!