Vegan Butternut Mac & CheesePrint
A healthy alternative to everyone's favorite go-to comfort dish. With sauce made from butternut squash roasted in our chili-infused Chipotle Olive Oil, this pasta plate has the perfect combination of spicy and sweet! Not to mention that it’s safe for our dairy-free friends! Recipe By Taylor MacDougall
Dairy Free, Holiday, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian
1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 lb Butternut Squash
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Chipotle Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb Pasta
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Carefully cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Drizzle the Chipotle Olive Oil over squash and season with the Garlic Medley Sea Salt and black pepper. Place the squash cut side down on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the squash with a fork (this may take longer depending on your oven). Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packing instructions. Save 2 cups of pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, scoop the softened butternut squash from its skin and add to a food processor or blender. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse, adding ¼ cup of pasta water at a time until the sauce reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once the pasta is ready, return it to the pot and add the sauce on top of it, tossing to coat. 1 Tbsp at a time, add more of the reserved pasta water to get the sauce to your desired consistency. Season with a pinch more of Garlic Medley Sea Salt and black pepper. Serve, and enjoy!