Acorn Squash with Quinoa and ApplesPrint
Submitted by Ash Hoyt of Burlington, Vermont Chef notes: “I have a newfound love for acorn squash… I was beyond excited to try this recipe! Stuffed with quinoa and sauteed apples and onions, this dish explodes with flavor! You may find yourself standing over your plate, shoveling it in your mouth as fast as you could go!”
Appetizer, Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free, Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 medium Acorn Squash
- SOOC Butternut Squash Seed Oil
- SOOC Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 8 oz Quinoa
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Onion
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into florets
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the inside.
- Rub the edges and inside of the squash with Butternut Squash Seed Oil. Salt and pepper edges and insides. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake the squash for 45-50 minutes, or longer until desired doneness is achieved.
- While the squash is roasting, toss the broccoli florets in SOOC Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil and salt and pepper. Place on the same baking sheet as the squash, when 15-20 minutes are left on the timer.
- Next, start the filling - prepare the quinoa according to package directions.
- Sauté a large chopped onion and minced garlic in Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil until soft and edges have browned. Chop the apple, and sauté with the onion and garlic until just slightly softened. Mix with cooked quinoa.
- Once the squash and broccoli are done roasting, add the filling and enjoy!