Artichoke and Plum Tomato PastaPrint
"Mediterranean is one of my top favorite types of food, so when I saw an artichoke and olive pasta, I had to make it! This pasta dish was on the lighter side, which I thought was perfect for summer! I used Meyer Lemon Olive Oil to give it that freshness I so badly wanted" Catherine "Kitty" O'Connell of Rockville Centre, NY
Dairy Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free
4 to 6 servings
- 1 16 oz box of Fettuccine or Malfalde
- ¼ cup SOOC Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 large Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 28 oz can Plum Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14 oz can of Artichokes, drained & quartered
- ½ cup sliced, pitted Mediterranean Olives
- Cook fettuccine or malfalde according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth and canned tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with wooden spoon. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts and olives and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- To serve, toss cooked pasta into artichoke sauce. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired, and serve with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!