Blood Orange, Blackberry and Pistachio CakePrint
A light cake with sweet fruit and crunchy pistachios. The delicate flavor of Blood Orange fused Olive Oil and Sicilian Lemon Balsamic syrup create a delicious dessert that is easy to make!
Dairy Free, Dessert, Vegetarian
1 hr 15 min
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice reserved
- ¾ cup SOOC Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 cup Blackberries, cut in half
- 5 Tbsp salted Pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 Lemon, juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup SOOC Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil a 9-inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, blend the eggs and sugar until the mixture ribbons when the whisk is lifted (about 4-5 minutes.) Add in the lemon zest and vanilla; gradually drizzle in the Blood Orange Olive Oil while the whisk is going.
- Fold in the flour mixture; pour into the 9-inch pan. Add blackberries and pistachios over the top, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp sugar. Bake for 45 minutes until done. Test with a toothpick.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup: Heat the Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven and brush with the balsamic syrup. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.