Cheesy Scalloped PotatoesPrint
The holidays are headed our way, and what better way to impress the family than with these cheesy scalloped potatoes??? Made deliciously herby with a combination of Herbes de Provence Seasoning and fresh thyme, and made deliciously decadent with our beautiful Truffle Sea Salt. Careful, this recipe may change the way you eat potatoes forever! Recipe By Taylor MacDougall
Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free, Side Dishes, Vegetarian
1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 lb Yellow Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, like Coratina or Koroneiki
- 1 tsp SOOC Truffle Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 small Shallot, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ lb White Cheddar, shredded
- ¼ lb Gruyere, shredded
- ½ tsp SOOC Herbes de Provence Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp ground Red Cayenne
- ⅛ tsp ground Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Chives, minced
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease the bottom and sides of an oven safe dish.
- Peel the potatoes and thinly slice with a knife or a mandolin. As you slice the potatoes, add the pieces to a large bowl of water to keep them from browning too much.
- Arrange and layer all the potato slices in the greased dish. Gently pour the Robust EVOO over the potatoes, letting it get in between the layers. Season with ¼ tsp of the Truffle Sea Salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring the heavy cream, shallot, garlic, and thyme to a low simmer, whisking together.
- Add the white cheddar and half the gruyere until melted. Season with ½ tsp Truffle Sea Salt, ½ tsp black pepper, Herbes de Provence Seasoning, red cayenne, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Gently and slowly pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes, letting it get in between the layers. Top with the remaining gruyere cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the dish with the potatoes on top of a baking sheet before placing in the oven. The cheese may drip, and the baking sheet will keep the mess contained!
- Bake for 40 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Season with the rest of the Truffle Sea Salt and black pepper. Garnish with the chives. Serve, and enjoy!