Cream of Mushroom and Lemongrass SoupPrint
This is not your traditional cream of mushroom soup! It is much lighter both in flavor and ingredients. We find that the lemongrass adds a bright note to the mushroom’s earthiness and is complimented perfectly with our Sicilian Lemon Balsamic.
Nut Free, Soup, Vegetarian
- 3 stalks of Celery, sliced thinly
- 6 Shallots, cut in half and sliced thinly
- 1 reed of Lemongrass
- 32 oz mixed Mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, oyster, white button)
- 4 Tbsp SOOC Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- ⅓ oz dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1½ cups boiling Water
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1½ cups dry White Wine
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream
- Water or Stock, as needed
- 2 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 cup reserved roasted Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp SOOC Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- SOOC French Provencal Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Prepare boiling water and soak the dried porcini for at least 20 minutes. When the oven is to temperature, lay the fresh mushrooms on a sheet tray and drizzle with 1 Tbsp Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil and French Provencal Sea Salt. Roast until lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pot, bring 3 Tbsp of Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil to medium heat. Add in the shallot, celery, and lemongrass, a pinch of French Provencal Sea Salt and sweat at medium heat until softened. Add in all but ¼ cup of roasted mushrooms and sift in the flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Reserve ¼ cup mushrooms for garnish. Add in the wine and reduce, about 2 minutes.
- Strain the porcini liquid through a cheesecloth or coffee filter and add it to the pot. Rinse the rehydrated porcini to remove any sand and add them as well. Simmer for 25 minutes and add water or chicken stock as needed to cover.
- In a small bowl, toss the ½ cup reserved warm mushrooms, grated ginger, Sicilian Lemon Balsamic and French Provencal Sea Salt. Set aside for garnish.
- Process the soup in a blender until smooth. Adjust consistency with water or stock and taste for seasoning (adjust with French Provencal Sea Salt if needed). Plate and finish with cream. Garnish with the roasted mushrooms and lemon mixture.