Meyer Lemon Cake with Blackberries & PistachiosPrint
Our Meyer Lemon Fused Olive Oil brings bright citrus flavor and moisture to this dessert cake. Pistachios and fresh blackberries add even more flavor and texture beneath the Sicilian Lemon Balsamic glaze.
All Year, Summer
1 hr 15 min
- 1 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon zested with juice reserved
- ¾ cup SOOC Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Blackberries, cut in half
- 5 Tbsp Pistachios, salted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup SOOC Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil a 9 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and Sicilian Sea Salt in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, blend the eggs and sugar until the mixture ribbons when the whisk is lifted, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the lemon zest and vanilla. Gradually drizzle in the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil while whisking.
- Fold in the flour mixture. Pour into the pan. Sprinkle the blackberries and pistachios over the top and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until done; test by inserting a toothpick until it comes out clean.
- Syrup: Heat Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, 2 Tbsp sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Once cake cools, slice, plate, and serve drizzled with the lemon syrup. Cake and syrup can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.