Mushroom tartlets, using Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil and Truffle Sea Salt, make the perfect savory hors d'oeuvres.
Appetizer, Holiday, Nut Free, Vegetarian
- ⅓ cup SOOC Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 5 cups mostly white Leeks, chopped
- 14 oz Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 8 Garlic cloves, minced
- SOOC Truffle Sea Salt to taste
- freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 12 oz Sharp White Cheddar, grated coarsely
- 2 pkg (17oz ea) frozen Puff Pastry sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sauté leeks in olive oil 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, sauté another 10 minutes. Add garlic, sauté 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool mixture to room temperature. While mixture cools, cut each puff pastry sheet into thirds, width-wise. (12 pieces total).
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press over ½ inch edge around each pastry piece.
- Spoon cooled mushroom mixture into each tartlet. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 20-25 mins until golden brown.