Roasted Lamb with Fig and Lavender JellyPrint
The perfect spring recipe for roasted lamb with a fig and lavender jelly. This southern French inspired dish uses the delicious combination of Herbs de Provence Olive Oil and Lavender Balsamic.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Holiday, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free, Sauces
All Year, Spring
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp SOOC Herbs de Provence Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (3 ½ lb) boneless leg of Lamb
- SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black Pepper, to taste
- 6 medium Shallots, quartered
- ½ cup dried Figs, quartered
- 1 tsp Honey
- ¼ cup SOOC Lavender Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Rub ⅛ cup of the Herbs de Provence Olive Oil and the sliced garlic cloves all over the inside of the lamb. Roll up the meat and tie with kitchen string to form roast. Rub the remaining ⅛ cup Herbs de Provence Olive Oil all over the roast and set on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the lamb for about 15 minutes, until it is just starting to brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 375℉ and roast for 1 hour, until the thickest part registers at 130℉ (rare). Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of Herbs de Provence Olive Oil until simmering. Add the shallots, figs, honey, and a pinch of Sicilian Sea Salt. Cook on moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, about 7 minutes. Add the Lavender Balsamic and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the jam is thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Season and let cool.
- Serve the lamb with the fig and lavender jelly.