Roasted Pear SaladPrint
Sweet poached pears and glazed pistachios top an arugula and bleu cheese salad, featuring Cinnamon Pear balsamic.
Gluten Free, Salad Dressings, Salads, Vegetarian
All Year, Summer
1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 lb Anjou Pears or any other firm pear (5-6 medium), peeled with stems attached
- 3 cups Water
- ⅓ cup granulated Sugar
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup Dessert Wine
- 2 cups Pistachios
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 5 oz baby Arugula
- 4 oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh Basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup Pistachios
- ½ tsp SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Pepper
- ½ cup SOOC Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup SOOC Basil Olive Oil
- Combine the water, wine, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium pot and bring to a simmer until the sugar is melted. Cover and let the liquid cool to room temperature. Place the pears in the cooled syrup, making sure the pears are completely submerged. Bring the contents to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the pears are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove and place the pears in a bowl. Place the syrup back on the heat and reduce by half. Pour the syrup over the pears and refrigerate. Slice the pears in half and remove the core. Slice crosswise into thin slices.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the nuts, remaining sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook until the nuts are glazed. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Combine Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar, Basil Olive Oil, Sicilian Sea Salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place arugula and basil in a large bowl. Lightly toss with the dressing. Place the greens on chilled salad plates and top with ½ oz of cheese, 1 oz of nuts, and half a sliced pear.