Smokey Olive Clam ChowderPrint
A rich & zesty twist on the iconic New England dish! The heat and smokiness pairs beautifully with the sweet saltiness of delicious Delizia Olives. Bring comfort to your family by bringing this warm, hearty, and ever-so-tasty chowder to the dinner table! Recipe by Taylor MacDougall
Appetizer, Main Dishes, Nut Free
- 6 pieces of thick-cut bacon, diced
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp SOOC Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium/large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 1 tsp SOOC Smoked Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ tsp SOOC Kickin’ Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed small
- 2 cups clam juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Smoked Olive Bar Syrup
- 3 6.5 oz cans of minced clams
- 1 20oz Jar of Garlic Stuffed Olives, drained and sliced
- In a large dutch oven over medium/high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set on a plate lined with a paper towel. Carefully wipe out the bacon grease with a few paper towels. Add the ¼ cup SOOC Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil, onions, carrots, celery, SOOC Smoked Garlic Sea Salt, and black pepper. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 4 minutes or until onions become translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, season with the Saratoga Spicery Kickin’ Cajun Seasoning, the Old Bay seasoning, and tomato paste. Stir to evenly coat all the vegetables. Add in the potatoes, chicken broth, and clam juice and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a low simmer and cover for 20 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream. In a small prep bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 Tbsp of SOOC Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil and add it to the pot. Add in frozen corn and spinach. Stir gently to mix. Cover again and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Lastly, stir in the SOOC Smoked Olive Bar Syrup, and the minced clams. Garnish each bowl with bacon crumbles, sliced Delizia Olives, and a drizzle of SOOC Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil. Enjoy!