Wild Mushroom Semolina PolentaPrint
Wild Mushroom Semolina Polenta
Dairy Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free
- 3lb Cremini Mushrooms, cleaned
- ½ cup SOOC Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp SOOC Truffle Sea Salt
- 2 cups Semolina
- 8 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp SOOC Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the Oven to 400℉. Place mushrooms, some of the Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil, and half of the Truffle Sea Salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Do not cook too long (you will be cooking them again in the polenta). Slice or quarter the mushrooms after cooling. Reserve the cooking liquid.
- Place a large pot on medium heat. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add some of the sliced mushrooms and some of the cooking juice. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken stock reserving about a cup. Bring to boil and then whisk in the semolina slowly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, adding more stock if necessary. Continue stirring adding the remaining mushrooms, their juices and the remaining stock. Transfer polenta to warmed plates and drizzle the remaining Wild Mushroom Olive Oil and finish with Porcini Salt.