Blood Orange Chocolate Chip Cake with Raspberry Balsamic GlazePrint
A flavorful, easy dessert!
Dessert, Nut Free, Vegetarian
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp SOOC Himalayan Pink or Lime Sea Salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup SOOC Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips, lightly coated in flour
- 8-10 fresh Raspberries
- 1½ Tbsp SOOC Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 Tbsp warm Water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan; line the bottom with a cut-out round of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and Blood Orange Olive Oil together until combined.
- In batches, mix the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture and gently stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips; pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan, for 15 minutes, on a rack; gently run a knife along the side of the cake. Carefully invert the cake onto a plate and then invert, again, onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- FOR THE GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mash raspberries and stir in Raspberry Balsamic. Add 1 cup confectioners sugar and stir (this will form a thick paste). Add 1 Tbsp warm water and stir, adding more water/sugar if necessary.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and dust with confectioners sugar to finish. Serve warm with tea, coffee, or ice-cream!