Goat Cheese Stuffed Pomegranate ChickenPrint
You don't have chicken the old fashioned way ... stuff it with some goat cheese and pour on an easy, delicious pomegranate balsamic sauce over the top! This recipe will have you coming back for more. Also added - a simple pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette!
Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free, Salads
- INGREDIENTS FOR GOAT CHEESE STUFFED POMEGRANATE CHICKEN :
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4oz Goat Cheese
- pinch SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp SOOC Herb de Provence Olive Oil
- ¼ cup SOOC Pomegranate Balsamic
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Pomegranate arils
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- INGREDIENTS FOR GAREN SALAD w/ POMEGRANATE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- ½ cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup English Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup SOOC Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅔ cup SOOC Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 tsp SOOC Garlic Medley Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Sprinkle fresh cracked Pepper
- DIRECTIONS FOR GOAT CHEESE STUFFED POMEGRANATE CHICKEN
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Cut a pocket into the center of each chicken breast, using a sharp knife, making sure to not cut all the way through the breast. Stuff each pocket with 1 oz of goat cheese, secure closed with a toothpick, and sprinkle each breast with a pinch of Garlic Medley Sea Salt.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of Herbes de Provence Olive Oil over medium heat. Brown each chicken breast on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Once browned, transfer the chicken to a plate, and set aside.
- Add the shallots into the same pan, and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Deglaze with chicken stock, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts back into pan and spoon sauce over the tops and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. To serve, drizzle chicken remaining sauce, and garnish with pomegranate arils.
- DIRECTIONS FOR GARDEN SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Combine dressing ingredients in a sealed jar and shake vigorously until thick. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- In a large salad bowl, arrange avocado, tomatoes and cucumber on bed of mixed greens. Drizzle with salad dressing, and fresh cracked black pepper.