Lime-Chipotle Olive Oil Aioli ColeslawPrint
Lime-Chipotle Olive Oil Aioli Coleslaw
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Nut Free, Side Dishes, Vegetarian
All Year, Summer
- 2 large Egg Yolks at room temperature**
- 2 clove Garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp SOOC Lime Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 1 cup SOOC Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 medium Cabbage
- 1 large Jalapeño, seeded, de-ribbed, and finely minced
- 1 Bell Pepper, seeded, de-ribbed ,and finely minced
- ⅓ cup Red Onion, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- CHIPOTLE-LIME AIOLI: In the bowl of a food processor or blender jar, add the egg yolks, Lime Sea Salt, garlic, and lime juice. Process until well combined. VERY SLOWLY, drop by drop, begin to drizzle in the Chipotle Olive Oil while the machine is running. Extreme patience must be taken with this slow process, as too much olive oil poured in at once will cause the sauce to break. Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate. This condiment is fabulous on coleslaw, sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches... basically anything. Makes 1¼cups of aioli.
- SPICY JALAPENO-CHIPOTLE LIME COLESLAW: Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve over a fried chicken sandwich or as a side dish. Makes approximately 6-8 cups of coleslaw.
- ** This recipe contains raw egg yolks, If you have a compromised immune system, you can use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.