Seared Scallops with Apple Cider Balsamic GlazePrint
Scallops in a delicious bacon and apple glaze, served over spinach and mushrooms. Wonderful!
Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
All Year, Summer
- 12 jumbo Sea Scallops
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped. Save 2 Tbsp Bacon fat
- 12 oz baby Spinach
- 8 Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp SOOC Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1 tsp SOOC French Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground Pepper
- ¾ cup Apple Cider
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Pat scallops dry and season with French Fleur de Sel Sea Salt and pepper, set aside. Whisk apple cider, Red Apple Balsamic, and honey together and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté mushrooms and crumbled bacon in bacon fat and 1 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Turn off burner but leave pan on stove.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on stovetop. Add 1 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil and once it is hot, add scallops. Sear 2 minutes per side, flipping once only. Temporarily remove scallops from skillet and set aside.
- Add cider mixture to cast iron skillet, scraping bottom of pan to deglaze. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow sauce to thicken. Place scallops in skillet to warm in cider sauce for a few minutes.
- While reheating scallops, turn heat back on under sauté pan containing bacon and mushrooms. Place spinach in pan and toss gently to coat in Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil. Cover pan for a minute or two, to wilt spinach, stirring once. Remove from heat, divide onto plates.
- Place 3 scallops on each bed of spinach and drizzle with cider sauce. Serve immediately.