Pulled Pork with Baklouti Green Chili OilPrint
A great dish for year round! Warm up winter, bring it to Game Day, or make amazing tacos in the summer.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Main Dishes, Meat and Seafood, Nut Free
- 4 lbs Pork Shoulder
- 1 cup SOOC Black Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup SOOC Smoked Applewood or Black Lava Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 7 cups cold Water For the sauce
- ¼ cup SOOC Baklouti Green Chili Oil
- ¼ cup SOOC Black Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Mustard
- any pan juices, fat poured off
- Brine the pork overnight: Dissolve first the salt and then the sugar into the vinegar and water. Rinse the pork and place in a zip lock bag. Pour in the brine and refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Be sure to place the bag in a pan in case the bag leaks.
- When the pork is ready, remove from the brine and pat dry. Preheat oven to 225°F while the pork comes to room temperature.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 to 7 hours (approximately 1.5 to 2 hours per pound) until the internal temperature reaches 170°F. Turn off the oven. Allow the pork to rest tightly wrapped with aluminum foil for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile reduce the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Uncover the pork and pull it apart with a fork then drizzle the sauce over the pork and stir to disperse. Serve on buns or with mixed greens drizzled with your favorite vinaigrette.